Taking a little time to find out about the realities of heart disease could save your life or the life of someone you love. Here are some interesting facts you need to know about this killer disease.
1. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in both males and females in America.
2. Heart disease death rate per 100,000 populations for the five biggest cities in the United States based on ethnic and racial groups are Hispanics 69.2, Asians and Pacific Islanders 73, American Indians 82.5, Blacks 189.8, and Whites 235.5.
3. Around 610,000 die of heart disease every year and around 735,000 Americans will have a heart attack. Of the 735,000 Americans who have a heart attack, 210,000 will have already had a cardiac event.
4. 47% of all cardiac deaths take place before emergency services or transport to the hospital.
5. Heart problem is forecasted to cost more than $304.6 billion, that includes the health care services, medications, and time off work.
6. In 2005, more that 7.6 million people died from heart disease worldwide.
7. Here are some risk factors to keep in mind regarding heart disease. High blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity, inactivity, family history, unhealthy diet, and age. The medical community still believes that cholesterol is a major factor in heart disease, however, many are calling this research into question.
8. 37% in 2003 reported having 2 or more of the risk elements for heart problem and stroke, that include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, present cigarette smoking, physical lack of exercise, weight problems, and diabetes.
9. In 2005, 92% of individuals suffering from chest pains recognized the symptoms of the possible cardiac arrest with only 27% took the action to get medical care. Prompt action to emergency services can mean the difference between life and death. Knowing the symptoms and signs of a heart attack and acting quickly can and will save a life.
10. In accordance with research studies, people with heart problems can reduce their risks of heart attacks when they lower their cholesterol and blood pressure along with preventing the need for surgery for heart bypass and angioplasty. To decrease the risks, take the right actions to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol. As stated earlier cholesterol research is starting to come under a lot of scrutinies.
11. Research studies of people without heart problem can greatly minimize their risks of heart disease by maintaining normal blood pressure.
When an individual change their unhealthy lifestyle patterns, they lower the dangers of heart disease and strokes. For us, taking a healthy cardiovascular supplement like Cardio Cocktail is a must to support the cardiovascular system. We hope that these facts have proven to be beneficial for you and your family that you maintain a healthy lifestyle so that this disease is removed from its throne of being the number 1 killer worldwide.